1 – Year Goals (Updated Jan 2019 – how did it go?)
Buy 2 units, $200/unit cash flowDONE!
Launch blog with initial 20 postsDONE! Maintain one blog post per weekDONE! Set up for income earning: affiliate marketing, social media, email list, product launchesDONE! Generate first incomeDONE!
- Organize chapter section, elect positions, begin planning for new conference – I have until mid-Feb to accomplish this still
Maintain current national level leadership and volunteer activity, actively contribute to my fieldDONE!
- Get down to 25% bf – I managed to maintain 26-27% bf, not exactly where I want to be, however I had so many other goals to focus on that this was too much. A better goal is to get to 26% and maintain this with a focus on healthy eating overall.
- HIIT routine 4 days per week – I took a couple breaks this year, realized that it’s a bad idea to take breaks, and mostly maintain this. This next year I’d like to balance this better so lower to 3x/week and add running/biking 3x/week.
- Maintain 50+ miles biking per week – I actually averaged about half this due to a number of factors. A better goal would be biking and public transport 4 days/week
- Running 2-3 times per week – I started getting sick when I run, now I have to scale way back and start training slow. This is still a goal for 2019, but with the allowance to run slower and shorter distance.
End of Year Progress Report
So how did my year go? As you can see, I did great in most areas, and terribly on my personal goals. In hindsight, I wasn’t setting realistic health goals given how focused I needed to be to achieve my other goals. I didn’t have the time to devote to everything. My blogging goals took more time and focus than I anticipated, and my usual workout schedule took 2nd place. My 2019 1-Year Goals will take this into account. Overall, it doesn’t change my long term goals in any way.
1 – Year Goals (New for 2019)
- Buy 2 more units for long term hold – $200 cash flow/unit
- Buy passive flip – 15% ROI
- Transition to part time
- >1,000 subscribers
- Finish EBA
- Build private FB community to 300 members
- Launch first product
- Grow income to $1,000/month
- Get down to 26% bf and maintain it
- Workout 6 days/week
- 3 days HIIT/gym
- 2-3 runs (goal is 10k without feeling sick)
- 25 miles/week bike commute (during the time I have a bike commute)
5 – Year Goals
- Own 10 units cash flowing $200/unit
- Work part time in order to maintain W2 income
- This is for fun and maintaining W2 income only!!
- Commute must be within easy bike ride
- Create and launch a physical product
- Write a book
- Continue to grow blog
- Blog will fully replace full time income at >$100k/year
- Continue to build a great relationship with my partner
- Help my son learn investing and buy his first property or start a business
- Complete an Olympic distance triathlon
- Maintain 25-26% bf
- Take riding lessons
10 – Year Goals
- Own 25 units cash flowing $200/unit, or equivalent cashflow
- Fully retire from my field
- Volunteer and start giving back
- Continue learning about investing and retire from any work I don’t love
- Buy a family vacation home
- Own a horse again
- Maintain 25-26% bf
- Continue to raise my son to be an amazing human being, capable of achieving his goals in life
- Be a strong and supportive partner
- Teach others how to achieve their goals and become a mentor
- Achieve FI
- Explore passion projects
- Stay physically fit